The role of the Executive is to conduct business on behalf of the Association, communicate with members, carry out decisions made at general meetings of the Association, and to investigate and report on matters of interest.
|VP – Contract Administration||Rebecca Jacobson|
|VP – Member Engagement||Coby VanderGaast|
|VP – Negotiations||Jonathan Vanderhoek|
|Retirement Issues Chair||Shannon Shah|
|Rep to College Board*||Melody Diachun|
* Observer status only. The elected rep for all college faculty is ……………….
FPSE Standing Committees
The SCFA has a representative on each of the ten FPSE Standing Committees. Members of standing committees meet with FPSE Executive members to Standing Committees to coordinate strategy and recommend policy and action plans which address current issues in their subject area.
- Bargaining Coordination: Jonathan Vanderhoek
- Contract Administration: Rebecca Jacobson
- Climate Action: Rob McQuarrie
- Decolonization, Reconciliation and Indigenization: Elizabeth Ferguson
- Disability Management and Rehabilitation: Jennifer Reid/need one more
- Education Policy: Ellen Strelaeff
- Human Rights and International Solidarity: Pablo Pastor
- Non-Regular Faculty: Renee Harper
- Pension Advisory: Shannon Shah
- Professional and Scholarly Development: Coby VanderGaast
- Women and Gender Equity: Leesa Dean/vacant
- Workplace Health, Safety and Environment: Jason Da Costa/need rep from Nelson
Article 9.6 of the collective agreement – Merit Recognition
The College shall annually deposit into a fund an amount of $4,000.00. Funds shall be administered by the Standing Committee on Professional Excellence (SCOPE) which shall be responsible for the judgment of professional excellence among faculty. The Committee will forward their decision to the College.
This Committee will consist of at least six (6) members elected by the Selkirk College Faculty Association and two (2) members appointed by the President.
- Ellen Strelaeff (chair)
- Deirdre Hopkins
- Todd Solarik
- Theresa Southam
- Todd Kettner
- Leesa Dean
- James Nicol
- Rhys Andrews – President’s Appointee
- TBD – President’s Appointee
SCFA is an independent trade union affiliated with the following groups:
- BC Federation of Labour: The British Columbia Federation of Labour represents 470,000 members of affiliated unions in more than 1,100 locals, working in every aspect of the BC economy.
- Canadian Association of University Teachers: Founded in 1951, CAUT is the national voice for academic staff. Today, representing 55,000 teachers, librarians, researchers and other academic professionals and general staff, CAUT is an outspoken defender of academic freedom and works actively in the public interest to improve the quality and accessibility of post-secondary education in Canada.
- Canadian Labour Congress: The Canadian Labour Congress is the largest democratic and popular organization in Canada with over three million members. The Canadian Labour Congress brings together Canada’s national and international unions, the provincial and territorial federations of labour and 137 district labour councils.
- Federation of Post- Secondary Educators: The Federation of Post-Secondary Educators of BC is the provincial voice for more than 10,000 faculty and staff in public and private post-secondary institutions.
- West Kootenay Labour Council: The WKLC was founded in 1958 and represent 6000 organized workers in the West Kootenays of British Columbia.